2.03.2014

Sin Consumes You

Proverbs 5:9-14
    Lest you give your honor to others,
    And your years to the cruel one;
    10      Lest aliens be filled with your wealth,
    And your labors go to the house of a foreigner;
    11      And you mourn at last,
    When your flesh and your body are consumed,
    12      And say:
    “How I have hated instruction,
    And my heart despised correction!
    13      I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers,
    Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!
    14      I was on the verge of total ruin,
    In the midst of the assembly and congregation.”


Solomon warns his son of the immoral woman in this chapter, and this section gives us a list of “lests.” You’d better listen, else this will happen. If you follow the immoral woman, if you give in to any temptation, you’re giving away your energy and dignity, your time and money and work. Just throwing it all in the trashheap. Your own body will be consumed, vs 11. You’ll get glimpses of the connection between your ruin and your rejection of instruction. In our sin, we stand on the verge of total ruin. Let us turn away quickly, reject our sinful ways, and receive instruction and life once again.

6/30/13

No comments:

Post a Comment