11.05.2019

Talking to Teens about Sex and Culture // Gilead // Venker?

Just listened to an excellent series of talks to high schoolers by Rich Lusk, a pastor Alabama in my denomination, the CREC.  I highly recommend them.  A great Biblical response to the sexual rebellion/revolution in our culture right now, without overreacting into legalism ourselves or hostility against folks caught up in it.


World did a book review of Gilead, by Marilynne Robinson on their podcast today.  Part of me hesitates to recommend it, though I quoted from it in last Sunday's sermon!  The hesitation is because the author is a PCUSA liberal type.  But the insight she brings is very edifying.  It isn't wading through 80% chaff to find a few nuggets - there's food for thought on almost every page.  The link is here and it starts at 19:20.


Lusk recommends Suzanne Venker, who I hadn't heard of before today.
Just a quick skim of this page shows it useful.
Her bio says she's been at the Federalist, which is a plus in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment