7.25.2005

On and Off the Needles - Sara



A quick update on the ol' project list:

This is the finished Kiri shawl - about 6' wide and 3' from center to point. It's too warm to wear this summer, though! This might be the first time I'm hoping for an early winter! Pattern can be found here.

Also finished:

plain-jane ankle socks done up in a self-striping yarn from Kroy. I have large feet, and never owned a pair of good-fitting socks before. They are a dream to wear!

Owen's sweater - a Fiona McTague pattern knit in 2.5 skeins of Patons merino wool.

nearly finished: Isaiah's sweater. Same pattern as above, only in solid grey. Needs to be blocked and finished.

On my needles:

Flood sweater - Kim Hargreaves pattern from Rowan's book for Rowan Plaid. But I'm using a delicious variagated Manos del Uruguay yarn in a slightly smaller gauge. Back is finished, and I can't wait to do the rest! My first foray into cables....I use a double pointed pencil as a cn.

Grace sweater - I'm designing a cardigan with a fluffy boucle yarn in a springy green color. We'll see if I have enough to do the whole sweater...

In my brain:

another shawl out of a fluffly black mohair I have

any lace project - I really enjoyed lace knitting and would like to try some more patterns.

a sweater vest for hubby Steve - he's pretty boring when it comes to clothes, but maybe I could talk him into a vest with John Calvin's portrait on the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment