4.10.2007

Stripping Wallpaper

We have an UGLY blue/brown floral border in our main floor bathroom. Ugh. And the bottom inch is curling up. Ugh ugh. So I decided it must go. But I've heard horror stories about removing wallpaper, hours scraping, damaged walls, and more.

So tonight I snooped around the web for a few minutes looking for tips or tricks and dove in. In 10 minutes I had the top "ugly" layer removed. But what about that paper backing? Easy as pie! In 5 min I effortlessly removed all the paper in the shower stall (wearing my skirt!). How?

Cascade dish soap. It removes nasty stuff from your dishes. It removes nasty stuff from your walls. Mix it with HOT water, rub it on with a rag, and lightly scrape it all off with a putty knife.

(And little boys are great for picking up all the paper pieces off the floor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment