6.21.2007

Persecution today

"House-Church Leader Assaulted by Police“
China Aid Association

On May 15, 2007, Liu Fenngang, a house-church leader in Beijing, was assaulted and detained by police, while he was going to a birthday celebration. According to China Aid Association (CAA), Liu's family was threatened and told not to draw public attention to his unlawful arrest. Liu told CAA, "It was at 7:15 a.m., and I was stopped by a plain clothed police man while walking down stairs. After a bit of shoving, I managed to work my way to the bottom of the stairs. Then, more policemen confronted me, saying they had no good reason or legal basis to arrest me, but they simply couldn't allow me to leave the building." CAA adds that some police officers told Liu they knew arresting him was illegal, but said if they let him go, they would lose their jobs. Pray Liu Fenngang and his family remain strong in their faith. Pray his health will not be affected by the assault.
Isaiah 38:16, Acts 4:29-30

Voice of the Martyrs
www.persecution.com

No comments:

Post a Comment