2.17.2018

At Home in Mitford

At Home in Mitford (The Mitford Years, #1)At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I finally got around to reading the first Mitford book by Jan Karon. A couple friends recommended it for pastors, though it’s more a feel-good, small-town experience kind of book.

Father Tim is blissfully unaware of his many needs, as he tries to meet the needs of his flock. God’s merciful provision in the midst of our lack of awareness of what we need is a main theme running throughout. Apart from our efforts, and sometimes in spite of them, God helps those around us, and helps us, too.

The writing style is way too sentimental and smarmy for me, and I actually had to put it down for a few weeks because of that. The conversation between Father Tim and his bishop toward the end was pretty good, though.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment