11.13.2021

Teachers I Respect

I've started a list of "Voices to Which I Listen."

This may seem a strange thing to do, but I believe it is important to be self-aware about who you are following, and why.

I'm giving you the whole (first draft) list here, and I'll probably do a blog series on each, explaining why I stop scrolling to read them, why I go to their blogs intentionally, or why I buy and read their books.

Preliminary thoughts:
1. It's impossible to include every author I've appreciated, so I'm limiting this to teachers I'm actively and repeatedly giving time to.  If their podcast drops, I'll listen.  If everyone did this honestly, it would be really revealing.  I'm going for transparency here.

2. I've also left off those I've heard snippets of and like, but just haven't gotten around to listening to a lot.  James White and Gary DeMar would be examples.

3. It's important to have a multitude of counselors, not just follow 1-3 people in the same narrow orbit.  Keeping this list broad is good.

4. I tried to make it "most influential earlier in the list" but that may not be exact.

5. I hope it's obvious, but these are earthly teachers, who are writing and speaking now, or in the recent past.  
Omitting Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, Augustine, Calvin, etc., doesn't mean I'm ignoring them for this list!

Please help me edit this list!  Add to it, or challenge names on it.


R.C. Sproul
Sinclair Ferguson
George Grant
Doug Wilson
Carl Trueman
Al Mohler
World Magazine/Marvin Olasky
Kevin DeYoung
Ray VanderLaan
John Piper
Mark Dever
Tim Keller
Ben Shapiro
David Bahnsen
Aaron Renn
Acton Institute
Alistair Begg
Jordan Peterson


I'll add categories and explanations later.  
For now, tell me who you listen to a lot that isn't here.
Or who you cringe at seeing named!

No comments:

Post a Comment