2.28.2022

Relationship at the Table

John 15:1, 4-5 - I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser....  Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.


The Lord’s table is a place to be fed by our great shepherd Jesus (1 Peter 5:1-4).
And it is a place to cast your cares on the Lord (1 Peter 5:7).


The family table can be a chaotic time with infants and toddlers around.  But as they grow, the table is a place to share your heart with your family.  Fathers and mothers should lead in this, and then invite their children to contribute.  

We practice deeper fellowship at the table.  And we get that from THIS table, where the Spirit is joining us with Christ Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment