9.19.2022

Delighting in the Lord

Song of Solomon 2:3-4; 6:2-3; 8:6
Like an apple tree among the trees of the woods,
So is my beloved among the sons.
I sat down in his shade with great delight,
And his fruit was sweet to my taste.
He brought me to the banqueting house,
And his banner over me was love
My beloved has gone to his garden, to the beds of spices,
To feed his flock in the gardens, and to gather lilies.
I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.
Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm.


In this worship service, especially at this table, we are renewing covenant with our God.  In marriage there are times your relationship is refreshed, revitalized – a date night out, the marriage act itself, a vacation away together, just a really good, long talk.  And you’re closer, more in love again, as we say.  God intends that for us with Him, at this table, in this service.

So, as we sing, “Hasten as a bride to meet Him, and with loving reverence greet Him....  Jesus, Sun of life, my Splendor, Jesus, Thou my friend most tender, Jesus Joy of my desiring, Fount of life, my soul inspiring.”


9/18/22

No comments:

Post a Comment