6.30.2005

Esther - Steve

I'm beginning to study Esther, to preach through at our evening services this late summer. Maybe I'll keep you updated on how a newbie pastor handles the book of the Bible that never mentions God, Jerusalem, or the temple (shortly after the return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple took place!), and that contains no prayers, visions, or miracles.

One thing I know. It's best to read the whole 10 chapters at one sitting. Sara and I did this recently in our devotions, me reading out loud - what a delight!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Steve,
    Your kids are adorable. And when you preach through Esther, don't forget to mention God! ;)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 PM

    Steve,

    I'd love to hear how you handle the book of Esther. As you said, a book that never mentions God, prayer, etc. could be very interesting. ;-)

    Conrad

    ReplyDelete