2.26.2008

U2





I came upon this album at the local library, and got on a U2 kick again, lately. Great musical style - some rock music, you can hear the anger or rebellion seething out of it. But not all. Please don't throw out the baby with the bathwater when it comes to whole musical genres! U2 is often an exception, and exceptional. Search my blog for U2 or Bono for more!




Some favorite songs:
Beautiful Day - "after the flood all the colors came out"

Vertigo - "the jungle is your head can't rule your heart... Your love is teaching me how to kneel"

Until the End of the World - "in the Garden I was playing the tart; I kissed Your lips and broke Your heart" (written from Judas' perspective, to Jesus)

All Because of You - "I was born a child of grace, nothing else about the place... I'm alive/I'm being born, I just arrived/I'm at the door of the place I started out from, and I want back inside."

Yahweh - "Take this city, A city should be shining on a hill; Take this city If it be Your will; Take this heart and make it break"

Hawkmoon 269 - "Like a desert needs rain, Like a town needs a name, I need your love. Like a rhythm unbroken, Like drums in the night, Like sweet soul music, Like sunlight I need your love."

40 - "I waited patiently for the Lord. He inclined and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit Out of the miry clay. I will sing, sing a new song."



And, from Summer Rain, on the album above...

"It's not why you're running, it's where you're going;
It's not what you're dreaming, it's what you're going to do;
It's not where you were born, it's where you belong;
It's not how weak, but what will make you strong."

2 comments:

  1. I recommend the St Anne's Pub piece by Joost Nixon on Bono. It's called "A Case of Vertigo" and can be found here: http://www.stannespublichouse.com/thecellar/04/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't understand the appeal of U2. Many of my friends just loved them. I, on the other hand, generally disliked them. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete