6.02.2011

Sadness; Going Astray - Psalm 119

Psalm 119:136
"Rivers of water run down from my eyes,
Because men do not keep Your law."

In my circles it's often considered weak and soft to cry, or to be sad at wickedness. We're supposed to fight and oppose it, instead of cry about it, right? Wrong. Sadness is just as appropriate as anger, if not more so.



Psalm 119:176
"I have gone astray like a lost sheep;
Seek Your servant, For I do not forget Your commandments."

This is the last verse of a very long Psalm. The Psalmist spends 175 verses saying he rejoices in the Word, loves it, follows it, keeps it, considers it, delights in it, hopes in it, remembers it, learns it.

Then the last verse is, "I've gone astray."

In spite of all our resolutions and genuine obedience, there's always something that leads us astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment