8.23.2011

Earthquake

So, I just experienced my first earthquake, ever. www.dailypress.com says it was 5.9 magnitude.

I was sitting on our back deck, and thought the wind picked up at first, blowing our umbrella and thus wiggling the table. But the umbrella wasn't moving. My chair and the whole deck wiggled gently for about 10 seconds. Grace was laying on a chair out here with me, and it barely registered with her. By about second 5 I thought it might be an earthquake and looked up at the houses around me, but couldn't see anything moving. I don't think it was that big.

I went inside and Sara thought the kids were just jumping around upstairs. Heh. Owen seemed to have noticed, though.

A non-event as far as damage around town, it sounds like, but pretty interesting to sit through.

No comments:

Post a Comment