Which science fiction character are you?
A venerated sage with vast power and knowledge, you gently guide forces around you while serving as a champion of the light.
"Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not - for my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life greets it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, and binds us. Luminescent beings are we, not this crude matter! You must feel the Force around you, everywhere."
Ok, terrible theology, but the categories work with some adjusting.
Let's give it a whirl:
- The Force is not an impersonal energy source, but a personal Being. Jesus calls Him the Advocate or Comforter.
- Life doesn't grow the Force; it's the other way around: He gives creatures life.
- We ARE crude matter. What's the point of denying that? All that Buddhist "there is not spoon" stuff is a desperate grasping at another world. But why get to another world by denying this one exists?
And there IS good stuff here:
- Don't judge by size. Stalin scoffed at religion: "how many divisions does the Pope have?" But Stalin's walls fell, eventually.
- The Spirit is a powerful ally, for those bound to the strong name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
- There IS a close link between the Spirit and life. See 2 Corinthians 3:6.
- We ARE more than crude matter. Yoda is right on that many can't see past the material.
- We MUST be more in tune to the Spirit at work around us than we typically are.
By the way, my favorite Yoda line: "fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."