12.27.2005

Valley of Vision




I'm reading a page or two of this each day. Each page is a prayer; I try to pray one in the morning and one in the evening. Here's a sample:

"O Savior of sinners.... raise me above the smiles and frowns of the world, regarding it as a light thing to be judged by men; may thy appprobation be my only aim, thy Word my one rule. Make me to abhor that which grieves they Holy Spirit, to suspect consolations of a worldly nature, to shun a careless way of life, to reprove evil, to instruct with meekness those who oppose me, to be gentle and patient towards all men, to be not only a professor but an example of the gospel.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using this book devotionally for over a decade. It just gets better the more you use it. I have a new leather bound version of it, which is very precious.

    ReplyDelete