1.04.2006

Media Rush

Confession time. I occasionally listen to Rush Limbaugh when I'm in the car and he's on. I was introduced to him almost 15 years ago and have had a love-hate relationship with him ever since. He's the epitome of the "unrestrained capitalist" conservative that liberal Christians think conservative Christians are duped by.

He was on a roll today talking about the mainstream media - an area I generally agree with him about. Why do the press impugn military enlistees as uneducated hicks with no other hope for a career (b/c America is such a rotten place), and then when they start dying overseas they suddenly care about them and want to do something about it?

Anyway, I've been thinking of doing some more extensive writing lately, and think I hit upon an idea. The Way Things Ought to Be, was Rush's first book. Maybe a series of essays with this title - a manifesto, but not political - more a Christian view of the world. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment