2.10.2024

Carry a Big Stick - a review

Carry a Big Stick: The Uncommon Heroism of Theodore Roosevelt (Leaders in Action)Carry a Big Stick: The Uncommon Heroism of Theodore Roosevelt by George Grant
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love George Grant. This book inspires me to be like Teddy. His boundless optimism and energy spur me on to productivity and higher purpose.

But I also noticed this time through a Grant biography that it is basic hagiography – making someone a saint. Since the purpose is to inspire and hold up as estimable, any failing or flaws are drastically minimized or ignored. Grant does better when treating issues (Blood of the Moon; Bringing in the Sheaves).

Each chapter is 3-4 small pages long – probably a blog post or magazine article somewhere else before compiled into this book.

If you need something short, quick, and inspiring, this is the book for you.
To actually learn about TR, you probably need to look elsewhere.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment