2.06.2024

Raspberry Wars

 

Raspberry Wars: My Boyhood through Berries, Bullying, and BraveryRaspberry Wars: My Boyhood through Berries, Bullying, and Bravery by Sherwood De Visser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We need more books like this. Personal and local histories written by normal people, describing real life.

I know the author personally. His family story drips with dysfunction, bitterness, injustice, envy, complaint, and malice. So it is astounding to me that he is the happy man he is today through it all.

How do we respond when we are unwanted, rejected, and hurt by those closest to us? Some shrivel and curl up into themselves, nursing the bitterness with pettiness like the “raspberry wars.” Others trust God and look to His goodness, finding joy and life on the other side.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment