11.11.2005

Hooked - Sara

Last night we had a "learn to crochet night" at our church. Since I already knew how, I thought I'd go along to help teach others and work on a project of my own. It's been a long time since I held a hook! It was a great night and I managed to produce an entire scarf in one evening for Grace. It's pink (of course) and yellow, made out of TLC Wiggles. I'll never use that yarn again as the "wiggles" that are twisted onto the yarn too often get caught on the hook.

I also found a quick and fun crochet flower pin to whip up: www.modadea.com/patterns/rose.htm
Great way to use up oddments of yarn!

The Shetland Tea Shawl is under way - only (!) about 30 rounds (of 600 sts each) to go and the edging. Perhaps this will be done by Thanksgiving. I doubt it though as one round takes about 30 minutes to complete! I don't even want to figure out how many hours that works out to!

I find myself looking for a "no brainer" project with all this lace I've been doing lately. Dare I cast on another project. You bet! And a friend showed my some luscious yarn that is new to our LYS - perhaps a few new projects are in my future.

One last note: I'm intrigued with knitting for medical purposes, and this goes way beyond the chemo cap.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment