1.27.2008

February is Quilting Month

Calling all quilters and sewing friends! February is quilting month! Hooray!

I blush and look down with a sheepish grin. *My* quilt has been NINE years in the making. Most of those years were spent in a plastic bag in a coat closet. Now the plastic bag is hiding under my art table. Time to FINISH (gasp!) this beast. And I do mean beast. It is a KING sized patchwork quilt with 42 blocks and sashing between each - machine pieced and HAND QUILTED. Did I mention this is my first-ever quilt? No lack of ambition, just finishing skills. When it comes to crafting, I have serious "long-term project infidelity" issues. Just ask Steve. The quilt's outer border is all that remains to be quilted, then sew on the binding.

My goal: have the quilt finished by the end of February. That's 33 days from now. I even get an extra day this year. :) Do you think I'll actually complete it by then?

There's a lot of quilty fun going on at the Sew Mama Sew blog. Locally, the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show will be happening at the Hampton Convention Center Feb. 22-24. Looking forward to seeing some beautiful pieces of art! Here's an overview of what will be exhibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment