2.22.2011

Don't shrink the Gospel

For centuries, God provided a place and a priest to intercede for Israel, saying, “I promise to keep my promise to Abraham, to bless the nations by his descendant.” Israel looked for the one who would do this, but they shrunk the promise to their nation. Redeem the kingdom of Israel, Lord. Well Jesus came, and He was a light to the Gentiles, and He gave us this meal as a sign of the better promises He fulfilled. God now says here, “I promise, I kept my promise to Abraham, to bless the nations by his Seed, Jesus Christ.” Believe this. Don’t be like Israel and shrink this promise to yourself, or just your family, or just the adults, or just those here, or just our nation. Instead, see yourself as a member of the body God has redeemed.  God is blessing the world, redeeming it in Christ.

11/28/10

No comments:

Post a Comment