2.02.2011

How to receive Him

Psalm 131
"    LORD, my heart is not haughty, 
          Nor my eyes lofty. 
          Neither do I concern myself with great matters, 
          Nor with things too profound for me. 
    2      Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, 
          Like a weaned child with his mother; 
          Like a weaned child is my soul within me. 
    3      O Israel, hope in the LORD 
          From this time forth and forever."

We often wonder what we’re supposed to be doing or thinking during communion. The trick is to keep your thoughts right here on earth. If you try to ascend to heaven on your own, you either fail and despair, or think you succeed and wind up like Pharisees cast down to hell. If you send yourself to hell being so unworthy, you are still refusing Christ’s call to Himself. But you have no right to stay away from Him if He is calling you TO Him.

Do not exalt yourself. Calm and quiet yourself before Him. You are on earth and He is in heaven. He will come to you. He is the Coming One, your king. All you need do is receive Him. Eating bread and drinking wine is practice in receiving Him. Trust Him. Press in to take hold of Him. Rest in Him.



9/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment