2.01.2013

Search out the Edible Word


Ezekiel 2:7-3:4
"You shall speak My words to them, whether they hear or whether they refuse, for they are rebellious. 8 But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.” 9 Now when I looked, there was a hand stretched out to me; and behold, a scroll of a book was in it. 10 Then He spread it before me; and there was writing on the inside and on the outside, and written on it were lamentations and mourning and woe.
3      Moreover He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.” So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness. 4 Then He said to me: “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them."

The Lord's Table is a visible word, an edible word from God for us. Prophets and preachers and parents digest God's Word and then speak it to their flock, feeding God's people  God calls us to search the Scriptures, the Word, and so we must also search out the mystery of this edible word, the bread and wine.  At its most basic, we are feeding upon Christ here by faith. He was the scroll Ezekiel ate.  He sustains us with fresh supplies of bread.

Part of loving someone is searching them out. Why do you do that?    What do you mean by that?  We spend time with our spouse, learning about them and enjoying them. It is the same way with God.  We search out His ways in His word in worship, in water and wine, and among His people. Enjoy the Lord today as you consider His gracious dealings with you and with those around you.

9/30/12

No comments:

Post a Comment