2.22.2012

Bible reading and talking to animals

I took a break from a scheduled Scripture reading plan from the New Year until today.
I'll post devotional or random thoughts occasionally from my reading plan.

Side note: Logos Bible software is the cadillac of Bible software. I don't even know most of the features involved in what I have, but when I tried to figure out how to adjust a reading plan from today until the end of the year, it took me only 3-5 minutes to have done!

I'm reading straight through, OT and NT, Psalms and Proverbs every day.

First thought:
Genesis 1:22 - "And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”
The first time God speaks TO His creatures is not to Adam, but to the fish and birds. I think this is an indicator that they are a higher life than plants. God does not speak to the plants, but does to the animals. People ought to treat fish and birds differently than plants. They are a higher life than vegetation, but lower than mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment