8.21.2024

The Power of a Praying Husband - book review

 

The Power of a Praying Husband Book of PrayersThe Power of a Praying Husband Book of Prayers by Stormie Omartian
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This tiny book comprises about 60 prayers, 4-5 sentences each, that a husband can pray for his wife.
Seems small and trivial, but Omartian packs a lot of relational truth into a small space.
A husband concerned for his wife’s needs will find enlightenment as to what those needs are, and fuel for his prayers here.

I think Omartian is more charismatic than me theologically, but it doesn’t come through in this book hardly at all.

Especially convicting and striking are those times men are called to pray for God to do something for their wives that they cannot do themselves: convict them of sin, bring them joy, etc.

I recommend this book to jump start or deepen your prayer life as a husband for your wife.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment