10.22.2012

Review: The Drowned Vault


The Drowned Vault
The Drowned Vault by N.D. Wilson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Really good.

Writing style is quick and fluid. Dialogue is probably the weakest aspect but still decent. Cyrus continues to learn to act when it is time, instead of paralysis by analysis. An important lesson. Wilson's obviously targeting a certain age range, with all the vomiting going on. The main theme of what the bad guy is doing is a little mature for the audience, I think. I almost stopped reading it to my guys. But upon explaining to them I found it addresses evils at work in our culture right now: cloning, seeking eternal youth, etc. Rupert's character develops a lot, as the plot expands nicely. This was a much better "part-two" than his 100 Cupboards series. Just the right amount of reminder stuff from part one without getting tedious. Enough action to balance the development of plot and character.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment