2.08.2021

Trust the Name or the numbers?

 Psalm 20:7

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of Yahweh our God."


As we look at David and Goliath today, notice all the talk of weapons in the chapter.  When David says that some trust in horses and chariots, those were the tanks and fighter jets of the day.  The vote counts and political majorities don’t tell you if God is giving the victory.  In Elijah’s day, When Jezebel was firmly in control, but God knew 7,000 faithful to Him.  A small number maybe, but God did a lot with Gideon’s 300.

 

The key is to take refuge in the name of Yahweh.  David does this.  Jesus did too.

 

So we need to be asking ourselves: what am I trusting?  My godly façade?  My strength?  My family’s faithfulness?  My country?  All of these may fail, yet Jesus will see us through.

There is one name under heaven that can save us: Jesus.


Let us confess our own sins before almighty God.


2/7/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment