10.06.2006

UPS Delivers!

The boys in brown rang our doorbell this afternoon amidst the rain and wind. I gladly accepted the 12x12x1" package, curious as to what could be inside. But since it was addressed to Steve, I didn't tear it open on the spot. I delivered it via interoffice mail (I ran up the stairs and handed it over) and hung around to see what it could be. Obviously it wasn't a secret present for me (like my long desired Latvian Mittens book). So what was inside?? I waited with anticipation to see...

Trash bags. No packaging or labels, just a stack of trash bags neatly folded inside the delivery box.

And here's the kicker: a telemarketer sold them to him. It was sort of a charity/benefit thing, but I still had to laugh at this one!

If those UPS guys knew what was inside half the boxes they so bravely face the elements to deliver, I think they'd quit their jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment