9.01.2023

2 Corinthians

2 Corinthians 1 - God will comfort you.  I had a change of plans but my integrity isn't shaky.

2 - Forgive the one punished, for his comfort.  Else he'll be overwhelmed by sorrow - one of Satan's schemes.

3 - We are ministers of a covenant greater than Moses, seeing and showing you the glory of God in Jesus.

4 - we preach Christ plainly, with no manipulation, as fragile vessels open to persecution, knowing greater glory is coming.

5 - God has a body ready for us and we will always be with Him, even through death.  He gave Christ to renew us and reconcile us to Him.

6 - Receive God's message through us, instead of rejecting us.  Don't try to have communion with Christ and demons/idols, too.

7 - I was worried about you, but your grief led to repentance so I am comforted.

8 - The Macedonian church has given faithfully for Judea.  You should, too, as Jesus gave sacrificially for you.  I'm sending you Titus who is earnest for you, and also (probably) Apollos.

9 - Give freely, as God loves, for He has freely given us a Gift.

10 - I don't want to be bold in my authority when present with you.  We don't fight as the world does, with flashy rhetoric.  We boast in the Lord and nothing else.

11 - Why are you listening to "super-apostles" who brag about themselves and rip you off, more than to me, who converted you to Christ in the first place?  When they discredit me for their own gain they are false and Satanic.  I have plenty to boast of but do so in my weaknesses, not my strengths.

12 - I could boast of visions, but God gave me a thrown in the flesh to humble me, and I am content in my weakness, for then God is glorified (shows HIS strength).  I'm not going to burden you financially the way the super apostles do.  But I fear when I come to you, we may disagree, and there may still be immorality for me to deal with, which you have not.

13 - I'm writing to you now, so I won't have to be severe when I come.  (You can straighten it out before I arrive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment