2.28.2006

Scripture Credenda/Agenda

Exodus 14 - crossing the Red Sea

Credenda (things to believe):
It's not over until God says its over. Israel thought they were free, as they left Egpyt and camped by the Red Sea, but God had one more hardening of Pharaoh, one more plague for Egypt. And when Israel looked back and SAW the Egpytians drown, then they KNEW they were saved.

Agenda (things to do):
Don't complain prematurely (see Ex 14:11-13). Wait, watch and submit to God's will in my life.

Look back and breathe a sigh of relief. All my enemies, especially the guilt of my sin, have been hurled into the depths of the sea (Micah 7:19).

Look to my baptism and breathe a sigh of relief. This is the picture of my death, the death of my sins and their guilt, in Christ's own death on the cross (Romans 6:3-4).

Look forward to the path through the wilderness of this life, with a resolution to walk according to God's Word (given next to the people at Sinai).

No comments:

Post a Comment