2.25.2006

Who's the frau?

Many of you may have the misconception that I (Sara) sleep, eat, and breathe knitting. While I do enjoy the natural and earthy feel of wool and wooden needles in my fingers, there are many other sides to the frau.

Sara has many other interests/hobbies: sewing, quilting (7 years on one quilt, still going), reading, theater, trying to play the cello, gardening... and I've even been known to paint a few wall murals and take ballroom dancing lessons.

Music has played a big role in Sara's life since she met Steve. I've come to appreciate and love the classical composers (Rachmoninov is not only fun to say, but a good listen). The first concert Sara attended with Steve was a bassoon concerto! It made me cry. Sara can have a soft side, too. Ella Fitzgerald is one of my favorite singers, and I secretly aspire to belt it out like she did in that great alto voice.

Sara was a cheerleader (go team!) and directed/acted in high school plays. College days saw her spending too many hours on a drawing horse in a cold, cement room or in the dark room playing with film-developing chemicals. Before her leap into the art world, Sara was determined to be a doctor and can name just about every part of a dissected cat (or chicken, depending on how it's cooked). The dominie prefers not to help me cut up whole chickens for fear of me going into a diatribe about the unique qualities of vertebral arches on the various sections of the spine. I can't wait to teach our kids science and build a backyard trebuchet. Watch out Rover!!

Most days Sara is a mom to 3 very energetic kids, 4, 3 and nearly 2 years old. Child #4 is to arrive the end of July. They often refer to me as "Queen". I guess wearing my wedding tiara on "Qq" day made a bigger impact than I bargained for. I have memorized way too many children's books. Some day I will write and illustrate my own (b/c so many kids books out there are just lame!!). Graem Base is my favorite illustrator. Ludwig Bemelman's rhymes amaze me.

There's a small window to let you know who this crazy knitter is. :) More to come later...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Lest there be any confusion:
    Sara wrote this, logged on under Steve's name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 AM

    i DON'T KNOW---MAYBE YOU--STEVE--SHOULD GIVE US INSIGHT ON SARA!! i KNOW--YOU LOVE HER VERY MUCH!

    JAN

    ReplyDelete