2.26.2006

Valentine Socks

I may not be an Olympic Knitter, but I managed to knit a pair of socks in just 9 days (not even knitting every day!). May I present to you the Valentine Socks, so named for their color and the holiday:



Since we have no digital camera, I resorted to the "slap it on the scanner" approach to digitizing this "art." I assure you, this sock has a sister. Being large enough to fit my size 10 feet, my scanner bed wouldn't accommodate the pair. They will be a gift to my secret pal (who has equally large feet) when we reveal our identities in March.

The pattern is Limbo and the yarn Moda Dea's Sassy Stripes on 3.25mm dpns. Next time around I'd do the cuff/leg on smaller needles to get more elasticity. This is a quick, easy pattern that I'd recommend it to all first-time sock knitters.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Beautiful Sara! You make me want to learn!
    Margaret in VA

    ReplyDelete