3.06.2006

Delegate-to-be

It appears I will be a delegate to our denomination's General Synod (that's General Assembly for all my presbyterian friends) this coming June.

I have mixed feelings about it. I want to have the experience, but my heart already sinks at what I may find happening there, based on reports of previous synods. I'm also disgusted, as are others, that our leaders think Brian McLaren was a good choice for speaker. His recent calls for tolerance and mixed answers on the homosexual question are an obvious flag to how we're supposed to be as a denomination. Call me a cup-half-empty kind of guy, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Steve I am so happy to hear you are going to GS. I can understand your point of view, but try to look at it this way: We need as many Biblically solid, articulate representative at GS as we can get. Pray a lot before you go, and stand firm when you are there.

    ReplyDelete