8.19.2014

Father's Day confession of sin

1 Cor 4:14-17
"I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you. 15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church."


The church today has many teachers, but how many fathers do we see who we can imitate?  Timothy did not have one, but he found one in Paul.  Perhaps you have a faithful father, and if so, he is a gift from God.  Thank God for him today.  One thing the church needs to confess corporately these days is that we have so FEW faithful fathers.  A father raises children to walk with the Lord as he is walking.  Like Paul with Timothy, a father works hard to honor God and set a good example, and then He sends his children to their work, too.  A good father is first a faithful son, as Timothy was, submitting to God’s will and work.


Let us confess those times we do not give others a good example to follow.  Those times we do not follow our heavenly Father in faith.  Those times we neglect to disciple and train and remind others into godliness.

6/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment