6.01.2015

Psalms 36-38

36
The wicked do not fear God, they flatter themselves.
But God is merciful and faithful, so we trust Him.

37
Don't fret when evil triumphs and the wicked have their way.
In a little while, they'll be gone and "the meek shall inherit the earth."

38
Don't punish me severely with this sickness, Lord.
The wicked pursue me, but I'm deaf to them, listening and waiting only for You.


How this is about Jesus
He must have been tempted to fret, seeing the corruption of the temple leaders (stewards of His own house!).
He was deaf to false accusations at His trial, maintaining focus on His kingdom (John 18:36-37).


Application
In troubles and trials, keep your focus on the Lord, and the big picture of His justice prevailing.


Psalm 36:9 - "In Your light we see light."

Psalm 38:20 - "Those who render me evil for good accuse me because I follow after good."

No comments:

Post a Comment