God calls Samuel at night while still a boy. Samuel thinks it's Eli, who sends him back to bed twice before he gets that it's God. God tells Samuel the same thing he told Eli. Samuel has to tell it to Eli!
How this is about Jesus
- He is ordained from before His birth to fix our mess.
- His mother is faithful.
- He had to interact with wicked and inept religious leaders.
- God rejected Caiaphas, Annas, the Sadducees and Pharisees, and gave His Word instead to His Son.
- When life is a mess, trust God to save you, and work and give for Him
- Thank God for His present and future salvation, even when you see wickedness right in front of you.
- When you correct your children verbally, actually stop them from sinning, too.
- Listen when God speaks in His Word. Be not slow of hearing.
- Sometimes we have to speak hard words to each other.