5.26.2015

Psalm 17 & 19

17
My cause is just, my feet have not slipped.
My enemies show no pity and are eager to tear me apart.
Show me Your love and Your likeness, and I'll be satisfied.

19
God's world declares His glory and shows His glory and majesty.
God's Word is perfect and pure and precious.
Keep ME pure, according to it.


How this is about Jesus
Whenever you run across declarations of innocence (Ps. 17:3-5), we hear the voice of Jesus.
By the Word of God (Jesus) the heavens were made.  They show the glory of Christ.
Everything said about the Word of God in 19:7-11 also describes Jesus well.


Application
When obstacles arise, our frustration should abate as we consider God and are satisfied with Him.



Psalm 17:15
As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment