9.29.2015

Good Theology Leads to Comfort

fpo
Tim Keller, pg. 151-152

"When I forget I am justified by faith alone - I give place to guilt and regret about the past.  I therefore live in bondage to idols of power and money that make me feel better about myself.

"When I forget I'm being sanctified through the presence of God's Holy Spirit - I give up on myself, stop trying to change.

"When I forget the hope of my future resurrection - I become afraid of aging and death.

"When I forget my adoption into the family of God - I become full of fears.  I don't pray with candor.  I lose my confidence.  I try to hide my faults from God and myself."


Page 159
"It is not right, says [John] Owen, to settle for mere mental assent to doctrines about Jesus, because that does not honor him.  There should be 'love, trust, delight, and longing after the full enjoyment of him.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment